Easy, low-risk migrations for AIX with near-zero downtime
Whether performing a hardware refresh, storage reorganization, data center consolidation or cloud adoption, migrations play an important role in keeping your data center up to date, efficient and productive. MIMIX® Move™
for AIX blends powerful replication technology with expert professional services to perform those migrations painlessly and with near-zero downtime.
New in MIMIX for AIX 5.1!
MIMIX for AIX 5.1 joins the MIMIX brand family with expanded replication capabilities, easier monitoring and management, and upgraded IBM AIX support.
- Supports broadcast replication to two targets, either of which can be chosen for failover
- Provides the option to encrypt replicated data using the TLS 1.2 encryption protocol
- Supports custom logical volume types as raw logical volumes
- Integrates with enterprise monitoring consoles through SNMP alerting
- Automates license key application and provides visibility into license key status in VSP
- Supports changing the IP address of the source or target node in a replication group without downtime in VSP
- Adds support for IBM AIX 7.2
Learn more about all MIMIX for AIX 5.1 products by visiting the MIMIX Availability for AIX, and MIMIX DR for AIX pages!
Solve the Migration Puzzle
Learn more about how our migration solutions help you migrate with near-zero downtime. Watch our video.
Today’s businesses are under constant pressure to evolve their IT infrastructure – whether to improve application performance through upgraded hardware, address the explosive demand for expanded data storage, react to merger and acquisition events, or adopt private or public cloud technology. Traditional migration methods can result in substantial business downtime, risk of failed migration, and overtime costs for IT staff performing off-hours migration projects. MIMIX Move for AIX delivers easy, low-risk migration with near-zero downtime.
- Minimizes migration downtime
- Mitigates business and IT migration risks
- Enables server reorganization and modernization to physical, virtual, cloud and mixed platforms with differing hardware, storage, or operating system versions
- Reduces the IT resource burden and overtime costs typically involved with migration
- Minimizes the chance of error with experienced services and best practices
How it works
First, MIMIX Move for AIX uses optimized, real time, asynchronous replication to create an initial replica of the old server on the new server, without affecting user applications. It then replicates changes applied to the old server to the new one in real time until you are ready to cutover and shut down the old server. Regular operations can continue throughout the replication and testing processes, with only minimal downtime during the cutover. As a result, you can take as long as necessary to verify the readiness of the new server.
MIMIX Move’s virtual role swap feature supports non-disruptive application testing on the new server, reducing risk by allowing you to fully test the application in its new environment.
To further mitigate risk, reverse replication allows you to abandon the cutover and return to your original server, without data loss, should an unanticipated issue occur.
From planning through to final cutover, migration experts from Vision Solutions or one of its partners guide the process and ensure it goes smoothly.