Easy, automated high availability with point-in-time recovery
MIMIX® Availability™ for AIX is the industry’s easiest high availability and disaster recovery solution for IBM Power Systems running AIX. Full-featured, with continuous monitoring, automated failover and continuous data protection for point-in-time recovery, MIMIX Availability provides true high availability for physical, virtual and cloud AIX environments.
New in MIMIX for AIX 5.1!
MIMIX for AIX 5.1 joins the MIMIX brand family with expanded replication capabilities, easier monitoring and management, and upgraded IBM AIX support.
- Supports broadcast replication to two targets, either of which can be chosen for failover
- Provides the option to encrypt replicated data using the TLS 1.2 encryption protocol
- Supports custom logical volume types as raw logical volumes
- Integrates with enterprise monitoring consoles through SNMP alerting
- Automates license key application and provides visibility into license key status in VSP
- Supports changing the IP address of the source or target node in a replication group without downtime in VSP
- Adds support for IBM AIX 7.2
Learn more about all MIMIX for AIX 5.1 products by visiting the MIMIX DR for AIX, and MIMIX Move for AIX pages!
Achieving Rapid Data Recovery for IBM AIX® Environments
Businesses of all sizes must plan for recovery. The core challenges when implementing an HA/DR plan include fully protecting against data loss and application downtime, and doing so in a way that ensures you can meet Recovery Point and Recovery Time Objectives (SLAs). Your plan must cover a wide range of risks: inadvertently deleted files or records; viruses or hackers that cause data corruption or deletion; and natural disasters that put much more than just your data and applications at risk. So, the question is, do you have a plan that meets your recovery requirements to your satisfaction across these areas?
Availability is about more than keeping operations running after major disasters or even about handling planned and unplanned system outages. “Micro” disasters such as database corruption or data loss due to human error can cost your business just as dearly. Any outage interrupts business operations, disrupts delivery of goods and services, and damages relationships with partners and customers. Your business needs real-time, automated AIX application failover along with point-in-time data recovery at a price you can afford.
- Protects your business from the high cost of downtime through continuous monitoring and automated failover
- Delivers worry-free protection from data loss with point-in-time recovery capabilities
- Eases the strain on your IT resources with an easy, browser-based interface and built-in, automated procedures
- Supports mixed hardware, storage and operating system versions on local or remote servers, whether physical, virtual or cloud
“We had a hardware failure up at our Robesonia site. The decision was made to fail over to our York site. The failover went smoothly and we operated for a week at our York site. MIMIX Availability for AIX allowed us to continue our mission critical business until repairs were made at our Robesonia site.”
“Heritage chose MIMIX Availability for AIX because it provides us with the ability to restore UniVerse to any point in time, in the event of an unexpected interruption, as well as to recover lost or damaged files in a timely manner.”
How it works
MIMIX Availability for AIX provides high availability and disaster recovery for AIX applications and data using powerful replication technology, cluster health monitoring, and true continuous data protection (CDP). It provides continuous, 24-hour surveillance of your cluster topology via LAN and WAN heartbeat monitoring technology, and of storage and application resources via resource-specific monitoring methods.
When MIMIX Availability for AIX’s heartbeat monitoring detects a failure, it moves applications from the failed server to the recovery server, keeping services available. You can configure the solution to perform all failover activities—including release of storage resources, IP address switching, reestablishing replication, file system mounts, and application switching—automatically or in a prompted but automated fashion.
MIMIX Availability for AIX’s easy-to-use, browser-based graphical interface minimizes the time and resources required to manage the solution. Email notifications, SNMP notifications, and customizable user exit methods enable lights-out operation, helping you to meet SLAs no matter the time of day a failure is detected.
Integration of MIMIX Availability for AIX with your applications, along with the service IP and storage resources those applications depend upon, ensures that all components of a business service, including storage, network, database and application resources, are quickly made available to your staff, customers and partners in the event of any planned or unplanned outage.
- IBM Power Systems running IBM AIX 6.1, 7.1 and 7.2
- On-premises, hosted or cloud servers, including hybrid environments
- Supports replication between storage types and OS versions