Can’t afford downtime to upgrade your hardware and/or software?
MIMIX Move (formerly Migrate While Active™) allows you to perform IBM i migrations and upgrades with virtually no downtime.
- Migrate applications, data, and system values while users remain active
- Keep old and new servers synchronized in real-time until the new server is fully tested and ready to assume the production role
- Experience only minimal downtime to perform the switch to the new server
- Enables users to remain online during the migration process
- Reduces overtime costs and employee stress by performing the migration during regular business hours rather than at night or on weekends and holidays
- Minimizes the downtime required to switch from the old to the new server
- Allows you to run the old and new servers in parallel for as long as necessary
- Keeps old and new servers synchronized in real-time.
- Eliminates the pressure to push the new server into production before it has been thoroughly tested
- Eliminates the problem of left-behind data and applications
- Eliminate the learning curve by entrusting the migration process to experienced experts
- Eliminate the strain on your IT staff and their ability to support normal operations by outsourcing much of the migration work
- Perform one-to-one, one-to-many or many-to-one migrations
- Reorganize your IT infrastructure architecture to minimize costs and optimize performance, without incurring downtime
- Switch users and processes to the new server in just minutes
- Mirrors data, user profiles, authorities, data areas, data queues, IFS files, programs, spool files and all other objects needed for a successful Power Systems upgrade or migration
MIMIX Move (formerly Migrate While Active™) uses Vision’s advanced high availability technologies to rapidly copy business-critical data to your new Power Systems server and keep it synchronized with your production system in real-time. MIMIX Move mirrors all of the data and objects needed for a successful upgrade or migration. Because you don’t have to worry about downtime, you can take as long as you need — during normal business hours — to thoroughly test the new system. After validating your new Power Systems server environment, move users and processes to it in just minutes. MIMIX Move keeps the new system current by migrating changes from the old system as they happen. Finally, when you’re ready to flip the switch, operations will pick up on the new system exactly where they left off on the old one.