Comprehensive, affordable entry-level disaster recovery for IBM i
MIMIX DR eliminates the financial risks of lost data and gets your small to medium-sized business running quickly after an outage.
If it seems like tape backup is all you can afford, think again. MIMIX DR is the complete and affordable disaster recovery solution from the experts in IBM i data protection and high availability. Designed for small to medium-size businesses that need better protection for their data and applications and faster recovery than tape backups can provide, MIMIX DR continuously protects all day, every day to a DR system located on-premises, off-site or in the cloud.
Tape backup and other point in time replication technologies can leave serious gaps in your data protection strategy, gaps your business simply can’t afford. When you production system fails, the data generated since the last tape save is lost. With MIMIX DR nothing is left behind. Tape cannot do this, only MIMIX DR.
Now you can have complete confidence in, and control over, your ability to recover from a disaster. No more retrieving tapes from storage, struggling with multiple tape restores, or frustration with lost or corrupted data. With MIMIX DR’s real-time replication, your data and applications are protected to the point of failure. Just failover to the DR system when the needs arises, and recover to a new or repaired server when you are ready.
MIMIX DR is tailored to meet the business requirements and budgetary constraints of small to medium sized businesses. For SMBs, investments in technology must be made wisely, with an eye toward both today’s budget and long term value. MIMIX DR offers several flexible implementation scenarios for any budget, including managed service and cloud hosted offerings from Vision’s global network of partners.
- Allows you to satisfy regulatory mandates for data loss and downtime accountability with one solution
- Ongoing maintenance is minimal, keeping operational costs low
- Enables queries and tape backups to be run against the replicated data to eliminate production server downtime
- Jump-start your implementation with QuickStart Services from Vision. Click here to learn more.
- Affordable Professional Services are available from Vision Solutions to test your DR readiness, assist with failover and recovery, or even monitor and manage MIMIX DR for you. Click here to learn more.
You’ll be confident that all of your data and applications are recoverable to the point of failure with an exact replica of your production server that’s ready to take over when the need arises. Using proven, trusted MIMIX technology, MIMIX DR replicates changes to data, applications, and system state in real-time from your primary server to a backup server the instant they are made. Leveraging the IBM i operating system’s advanced journaling features, along with other change capture and replication mechanisms, MIMIX DR ensures that the backup server is always complete and ready to run.
- Comprehensive real-time replication to an on-premise, off-site or cloud-based backup system
- Eliminates the potential for gaps in protection or corruption issues inherent in tape and point in time copy technologies
- Allows you to recover data up to the point of failure, supporting more aggressive recovery point objectives
- Improves your overall DR strategy with fast, reliable and convenient technology that far outpaces tape
MIMIX DR’s comprehensive audits ensure exact, complete and reliable up-to-the-minute recovery. No more struggling with frustrating and time consuming multiple tape restore sequences. Tape simply can’t prepare you for the failures you’ll face, nor allow you to recover, with complete confidence.
- Provides more robust protection than tape alone, to satisfy regulatory mandates or meet stringent supply chain partner or customer access requirements
- Continuously detects and repairs any differences in the data between your production and backup systems
- Provides you with complete confidence that you can failover to your backup system in the event of any production system failure, site failure, or natural disaster
- Expands visibility into your replicated data
Quickly become familiar with, and extract value from your DR investment with an intuitive user interface for monitoring and control that makes operation and maintenance easy and quick, even for “non-technical” operators.
- Gives you “at a glance” status information though the simple, intuitive Vision Solutions Portal (VSP) user interface
- Enables monitoring and control from any device with a browser
- Provides lights-out, unattended monitoring of your protected systems, and provides e-mail alerts for any conditions requiring your attention
- Allows you to manage your DR solution in only minutes a day
MIMIX DR is the advanced disaster recovery solution that uses trusted and proven MIMIX technology for real-time replication of your mission critical data and applications to a waiting backup server located either on-premises, off-site or in the cloud. Should a failure occur on your production system, access to your backup server is quick and uncomplicated.
MIMIX DR ensures your mission critical data, applications and server state information are protected right up to the point of failure. In the event of a failure, MIMIX DR allows you to quickly fail over to your backup server.
- One way real-time replication from a primary (production) server to a backup server
- Replicates all objects including files, data areas, data queues, IFS, programs, user profiles, device configurations, spool files, triggers, constraints and more
- Scheduled object-level audits of replicated data with self-healing along with backup server monitoring
- Easy, intuitive monitoring and control using the browser-based VSP
- Manual failover and recovery
- Available for PO5 and P10 Power Systems servers with 1-4 cores
MIMIX DR Failover and Recovery Process:
While your users do their work on your production IBM i system, MIMIX DR replicates every change they make to your data, applications and system values in real time to a waiting backup system. The backup server could be located on-premises, off-site or in the cloud.
If the production system should fail, your users will lose their connection to the system and replication to the backup system will end.
Because MIMIX DR has maintained a replica of your production system up to the point of failure, you can move operations to the backup system. Simply follow the failover steps in your runbook to “failover” to the backup system and resume operations. Note that during this time there is no replication protection in place.
Once you have repaired your original production system, acquired a new system, or obtained a hosted system, it is time to recover to that system. Vision Services are available to assist you with failback to the system and data recovery.
After the recovery, your users operate on the “new” production system. Replication from the production to the backup server resumes so that your business is protected from future outages or disaster recovery events.