Server workload migration made easy
Risk-free, no-downtime migration to any cloud, any physical hardware, and any virtual hypervisor
Double-Take® Move™ allows you to migrate physical, virtual, and cloud server workloads in real-time over any distance. Maintain your productivity with technology that virtually eliminates risk and downtime during migrations.
- True any-to-any migration between physical, virtual, and cloud platforms
- Efficient real-time replication crosses geographical boundaries with nearly zero downtime
- Cloud-ready for public, private, and hybrid cloud infrastructure
- Designed for ease of use and automation for businesses of all sizes
“Prior to getting Double-Take Move there wasn’t much hope of getting it done within the time I had, but the problem was completely avoided and nobody even had the slightest clue that there was ever a problem.”
“Double-Take Move shrank what would have been a 10 to 15 person-hour migration job to less than one hour, reducing costs from about $2,000 to $200.”
“Double-Take Move is straightforward, intuitive and easy to use.”
What's new in Double-Take Move 7.1?
- Significant improvements in mirror performance reduce the amount of time it takes to migrate and reduce data sent over the wire
- Enhanced support for Hyper-V clusters as a migration target for server workloads
- Simplified license management makes it easier to activate licenses
- Faster Full Server Migration cutover times as a result of optimized system state staging and processing
- Updated SCOM 2012R2 Management Pack
How to Migrate without Downtime: An Executive Overview
Migrating applications, systems, and data has always been a challenge for IT staff; in fact, most have just gotten used to the pain and suffering that comes with migrations. To properly migrate applications and data to new platforms involves risk and takes time to complete, meanwhile users have to stop changing data while it's migrated. The larger the storage footprint, the longer that it's going to take, and migrations routinely take hours or days to complete. Read More
How it works
Double-Take Move virtually eliminates user and application downtime during migrations by replicating changes as they happen to the migration target. Double-Take Move replication functionality precisely duplicates writes to files of all types, including databases and system files, with real-time transactional awareness in real-time. All changes to files, including changes to permissions, attributes, compression and encryption settings, as well as file renames and deletes, are replicated in real-time.
Double-Take Move real-time, byte-level replication not only eliminates downtime by keeping the target up to date locally, but also provides maximum efficiency over WAN across any distance. Byte-level replication sends less data than typical block-level replication and Double-Take Move includes WAN optimizations such as three levels of intelligent compression, and scheduled bandwidth utilization, to get the most out of existing network bandwidth.
In addition to efficiency and downtime elimination, Double-Take Move makes server workload migration nearly risk-free. High levels of automation, full API and PowerShell controls, and built in test migration capabilities nearly eliminate failure as an option. Reverting back to the original source machine, which is not destroyed or degraded by the migration process, is very simple if need be. The process is repeatable and predictable whether managed through the enterprise-level console or though scripting and third party API-driven automation.
System Requirements - Double-Take Move can migrate physical, virtual, or cloud servers with the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2003 R1 & R2
- Windows Server 2008 R1 & R2
- Windows Server 2012 R1 & R2